Great that you have visited WiseDataSecurity.com! We are happy to see you here and we expect you to come back again because we will frequently be updating relevant information about data security across this space.
In this blog, let us just move to a flashback mode and discuss the evolution of communication technology resulting in today’s digital world. Do you remember your childhood and how communication was on those days? Until 1980 through 1990s, the most common mode of distant communication was physical letters, such as the inland letters and post cards. Towards the beginning of 1990s, landline phones started getting popular and affordable as well. Towards the end of 1990s and beginning of 2000s, digital world started evolving and becoming popular. Today, digital world is a part of our life because of its benefits and opportunities. Let us analyze few important benefits that are listed here:
- Communication: Communication has become so easy these days that you can send email messages, or have a voice or video chat with anyone across the world.
- Entertainment: Digital world has opened wide range of entertainment. You have easy access to world class music, movies, and other options, such as the television channels.
- Games: Online gaming is a big thriving industry. Online gaming is so popular among Internet users and provides a lot of gaming options for avid gamers.
- News: Digital world has brought world much closer. Today, you get to know the news from across the world on the click of a mouse.
- Education: Now is a world of self education, and Internet is the best way to gain knowledge.
- Collaboration: Today, technology has brought the world closer and people from different geographical locations work seamlessly among themselves.
These are only some of the benefits. The digital world has several other benefits and that is the reason we, the Internet users, enjoy and spend time in the digital world.
However, there is always a flip side to this good and wonderful digital world. In today’s digital world, there are a lot of security threats and every Internet user should be aware of these threats so that your data and information remains secured. In the next blog post, we will discuss about the security threats in the digital world.