Are you using the Microsoft Windows operating system in your computer? If yes, this post is for you.
Some of us may have been affected by malware, such as virus and data being lost or compromised. Even if you have never been affected, you may have at the least heard of incidents where a computer is infected with virus. So, how do you protect your computer from such malware? Microsoft provides several free tools and solutions to protect your computer from malware and from hackers by ensuring data security.
Let us now check out the five ways in which you can protect your Windows-based computer:
- Keep your windows up-to-date: Microsoft regularly provides updates and security patches for Windows. Ensure that you diligently install the security updates as and when they are available.
- Enable Windows Firewall: The Firewall helps protect the valuable data in your computer from hackers. Therefore, enable the Firewall and ensure that unnecessary programs are blocked from accessing the Internet.
- Install Windows Defender: Microsoft provides a free anti-malware solution called Windows Defender to protect your computer from malware, such as virus, worms, and Trojan.
- Uninstall irrelevant software: There are several third-party software that may make your computer vulnerable to threats. Therefore, identify the irrelevant software in your computer and uninstall them.
- Install reputed browsers and keep it up-to-date: There are several malware threats in the cyber world. Web browser is one of the major gateway for these malware to reach your computer. Therefore, it is important to use a reputed web browser inbuilt with adequate security features. Additionally, ensure to keep your web browser up-to-date.